Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I love David Hasselhoff!!!

I love David Hasselhoff!!! 04 Apr 2007 06:59 #22698

• BumbleBee
  • Elite Member
  • Agh
Being the tragic 80's refugee I am... I almost collapsed with heart palpitations when I saw this news article and had to post it here...

Knight Rider is one of my most favourite TV shows ever, I was raised watching the talking car (KITT) and even wanted to be a mechanic so I could not only be like Charlene, but so I could build a KITT of my own!!!

Now I am a Muscle-Car loving petrol addict!!!! Long live V8's!!!!

www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/hoff-r...3/1175366197526.html

Hoff's car up for sale

April 3, 2007 - 8:18AM

KITT, the flame-throwing, river-jumping, talking muscle car from the 80s TV show Knight Rider, is up for sale.

Restored to its debut-season glory, the modified black 1982 Pontiac Trans Am is being offered at $US149,995 at a Dublin auto dealership.

Johnny "Vette" Verhoek of Kassabian Motors has had the car, officially called Knight Industries Two Thousand, on display for about a month.

It is one of four documented "camera cars" used for close-up shots and scenes where David Hasselhoff, who played Michael Knight in the series, was behind the wheel.

Although it cannot achieve the 300 mph speeds that KITT reached, soar 50 feet in the air or throw smoke bombs, key features of the star car are intact.

Perhaps most important, the red scanner light on the nose glows and makes a humming noise.

The car has two working video screens on the dashboard, and the cockpit features buttons that light up in green, yellow and red: ski mode, rocket boost, micro jam, silent mode, oil slick and eject.

Most of the buttons don't do anything, Verhoek said. Nor can the car hold a conversation or drive itself.

KITT isn't even street legal because of missing smog equipment and other modifications. Whoever buys the car will probably keep it in a private collection, or it may be purchased by a museum, Verhoek said.

The car belongs to Tim Russo of Livermore, a Kassabian customer who figured now was a good time to test the market, with the 25th anniversary of the show's debut coming up.

Russo purchased the car 10 years ago at an auction in San Diego, and has spent the last decade finding parts to restore it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I love David Hasselhoff!!! 06 Apr 2007 02:00 #22736

Another article about this at Engadget:  www.engadget.com/2007/04/05/another-k-i-...been-cruel-to-hasse/

I read this blog everyday to catch up with the latest Gadgets and Electronics News and I saw this article and thought about you Clair :)

Re: I love David Hasselhoff!!! 06 Apr 2007 02:13 #22738

• KylieUSA
  • Elite Member
i was never a real Hasselhoff fan or a Knight Rider fan. I watched the show a few times. Something about him in that series just did`nt work for me. I feel that they had someone else besides hasselhoff,  that show would have done alot better.

Re: I love David Hasselhoff!!! 06 Apr 2007 02:35 #22740

• BumbleBee
  • Elite Member
  • Agh
Another article about this at Engadget:  www.engadget.com/2007/04/05/another-k-i-...been-cruel-to-hasse/

I read this blog everyday to catch up with the latest Gadgets and Electronics News and I saw this article and thought about you Clair :)

Thanks Mate!!! :)

Re: I love David Hasselhoff!!! 06 Apr 2007 12:55 #22748

• Rex
I always loved The Knight Rider!!! I thought it was for KITT the car!!!! Maybe I was in love with David Hassellhoff???  :o :o Nooooo! But I would have slept with him to get to KITT!!!  ;)

Re: I love David Hasselhoff!!! 06 Apr 2007 22:55 #22767

• BumbleBee
  • Elite Member
  • Agh
Rex, I was in love with both...

I nearly had a coronary while driving a few moths back, on a busy road near my house, someone drove by with a KITT replica!!! It even had red lights in the grill. Seriously, I nearly crashed my Mazda!!!

Re: I love David Hasselhoff!!! 07 Apr 2007 10:03 #22782

• Rex
Rex, I was in love with both...

I nearly had a coronary while driving a few moths back, on a busy road near my house, someone drove by with a KITT replica!!! It even had red lights in the grill. Seriously, I nearly crashed my Mazda!!!
;D ;D ;D  You'll hate me for this!!! The only times I have ever been distracted driving on the roads, and nearly had an accident is mainly: When I have seen a very SEXY or PRETTY Girl walking on the sidewalk nearby or a good FLASHY CAR!!!!!!  Either of those turns my head away from the road ahead!!! (For too long!!!) Almost crashed everytime!!!  SEXY Girls & SEXY CARS are very dangerous!!!!
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Who's online

We have 126 guests and no members online